Thursday, May 31, 2018

KEEP GOING

2018.05.12

I literally had the hardest hike that day. My family and I went to Laguna over the weekend to check up on things. We had planned to visit only, but it appears that people went deeper into the mountains. We contemplated on whether we should go or not, since it was already the afternoon, which means the sun will be at its peak.

I don't remember the last time I went there, maybe like, 10 years ago already? My uncle told us that there was another way, and that it would only take us 30 minutes. We trusted him since he lived there, and we got really excited over this. I haven't seen that place in a very long time.

IT WAS THE LONGEST 30 MINUTES OF MY LIFE (sarcasm included, of course). It took us 3 hours before we got to that place. My shoes got broken and it was scorching hot. Worst. Day. Ever. We had thought that we were near. Why? We heard music from afar. That wasn't the case.

I walked barefoot. The rocks were melting my feet and my pores were crying more than ever. But, that didn't stop me. Rather, I couldn't stop. It was in the middle of nowhere. I had to keep going.

I think it's the same with life. There are a lot of times where we feel we can't go forward and we're so tired. But look around! We've gone a long way with life. We've gone so far and we're here! If we stop and stay at our current place, there would be nothing there. There would always be a finish line. We can rest, but we can't quit. A prize awaits us when we finish the journey - in my case, new footwear and rest. Never have I imagined I would love my slippers so much. I always took them for granted, but now I don't. I cherish them a lot more now! As they say, you only know the value of things once they're gone. I study to appreciate things more, including myself. Of course there are dark days where I can't and I suddenly feel lost, but during those times do I figure out the most precious things in life - those that are really invaluable.

I want to keep going... no matter what. The things I'm about to do, those I plan to accomplish - big and small, they won't be easy, but I will keep going. Because I believe, one day, I can look back with a smile and say it's worth it. I hope you can too.

Have a nice day ☺️


Let's connect online!

Follow me on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment